Thursday, October 05, 2006

Driving Directions In India ..Online !!

Finally I have got the tool which provides me Driving Directions between 2 places in India :). This is still in beta, but looks impressive.

This feature was my wish list for long time, as I have seen this kind of system in place in US & Australia !! ..See my blog entry on 21st July about this :

My wish list in July-06

I can't believe that the wish will be fullfilled so soon :) ...

URL : http://beta.mapmyindia.com

I tested the website feature Driving Directions with some areas I know & it looks ok. Though it may not have all areas, but its still useful for the people who are new to city & could like to know the place. Also I checked the route map from "Pune to Bangalore" & its quite accurate.

Have a look at what you get here :

Its a great service. Also the regular Maps are good as they are Interactive.

GIS overall has a good potential in India in my opinion. There are many companies building applications around it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

look at mapking.com for maps of cities with driving and voice navigation with GPS devices

Anonymous said...

We recently launched a pilot/alpha of RouteGuru.com (http://www.RouteGuru.com) .. India's first portal providing Landmark-based Driving Directions.

In the pilot phase, the service is available in Delhi-NCR.

Please check it out and provide your critical feedback.

Cheers,
RouteGuru.com Team.