Wednesday, November 12, 2008

How to move your blog to your own domain ?

Simple ..Use Google !. I have been using blogger for more than 2 years now since I started blogging. I was thinking about creating a domain for my blog and the day I thought about hosting it on a domain other than blogger.com, I had many questions in my mind. How will I do this ? What will happen to my current blog ? How much will it cost ? What about privacy ? How will I move contents of my current blog to new website ? etc etc .....

Well..Google made everything easy. I could setup my new domain icare2share.com and move(or I should say re-direct) my current blog contents to new url. The entire process took just not more than 10 minutes. Also your good old blogspot.com address remains valid too!

Google and Blogger.com has simplified all this process for you. Blogger creates your domain with GoDaddy.com and also hides your personal website information as a free service(which I guess generally cost extra!)

Your current blog gets redirected to the new url and all gets rolling smooth in just 30 mins. Wow I was impressed. Things which I was thinking would be complicated are made simple. So if you are thinking to have your custom domain to host a blog or want to convert current one..give it a try ..all you need to do is to think about a good name for domain and keep credit card ready to pay for $10 fees for 1 year!

enjoy
Sandeep

1 comment:

AATON said...

but you don't explain "how" step by step. Not everyone is expert
Nick