Monday, August 14, 2006

The Peak Tram & Gujarathi Thali in Hong Kong

I dedicate this post to my friend ..Ashish ...He mentioned me about this Indian Restuarent ..

I did a trip to The Peak Tram in Hong Kong. Its a place on top of hill where the Tram takes on a very very steep ride !! ..The ride is just 10 mins one & costs HKD 20 for going & $10 for return. Its a nice way to make money ..on the top there is a Madame Tussauds wax museam for $120.00

The Tram trip is very nice ..its I guess takes a you almost at 45 degree angle ...very very steep.

On the top there is a water fountain & some shops ..infact its like a mini mall !! ..Hong Kong is a city of malls !!

I came back to Central station from The Peak Tram station ..walking all the way ..I guess walking the way u can enjoy the city more !!..

Took MTR to Wan Chai ..Where I found the Pure Indian Restuarent called "Khana Kahazana" ..I had my own doubts about it being Pure Veg. ..but after seeing the menu ..it was really offering only Veg dishes ..

I took Gujarathi Thali ..for $76.00 ..it had 3 Chapatis, 1 Alu Sabji, 1 Beans Curry, 1 Papad, Kichadhi, Kadhi & Gulab Jamun !! ..good meal for $76.00 in HK. Its near to Wan Chai MTR Station ...one has to take the "C" Exit ..

I last 1.5 days ...I have figured out the MTR Map & know how to go around HK..atleast in HK Island ..

more later

Photos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/85544851@N00/tags/thepeak/

No comments: